And the winning cover image turns out to be.. Still Life with Bowl of Citrons, by Giovanna Garzoni. Very pleased with the look of this one.
Much as I would have liked to feature the work of a living woman artist, Garzoni is an impressive figure in art history, and the Italian connection is satisfying, given the presence of poems written during my studies in Italy.
I had wanted something food related, but also to bring in the natural world. The insect figure may or may not be a wasp; but for purposes of this collection, that’s what we’re calling it, to chime with the wasp poem within!
The book will be out sometime in May, but pre-orders can be taken now by visiting Caitlin Press.
Upcoming readings and appearances are on my News page, which I’ll update as details change or get added. But here’s what’s coming up in the next couple of months:
- Thursday May 12, 2022 – 7pm – Fat Oyster reading with Arleen Paré and Kelly Madden in Fanny Bay BC.
- Tuesday May 24, 2022 from 6-8pm – leading an (in-person) Food Poetry workshop, Monterey Rec Centre, Victoria BC. Details and registration info in the Oak Bay Active Living Guide (p. 20)
- Friday May 27, 2022 – 7:30-9pm – featured reader at Planet Earth Poetry at Russell Books in Victoria..
- Saturday May 28, 2022 – from 1-3pm – reading at anthology launch for Worth More Standing: Poets and Activists Pay Homage to Trees. Harbourfront Library, Nanaimo.
- Sunday June 5, 2022 – 11am PST online launch of Larder – reading with Mari-Lou Rowley on Crowdcast, courtesy of Caitlin Press. The amazing Lisa Pasold will be host for our reading.
- Tuesday June 14 – reading at McNally Robinson, Saskatoon SK, with Mari-Lou Rowley & Katherine Lawrence.
- June 15-18, 2022 – at ALECC conference in Saskatoon; reading as part of a Forest Poetry Walk with fellow poets Yvonne Blomer, Tanis MacDonald and Ariel Gordon. Our walks are at 2:30pm Thursday 16th and 11:30am Saturday 18th. Details will be in the final conference program.