Readings & Appearances – upcoming, past & present (in newest-oldest date order):
Saturday 22 April 2023 from 2-3pm at the Capilano Branch, North Vancouver Public in Edgemont Village, 3045 Highland Blvd: in-person reading with Susan Alexander in celebration of National Poetry Month (and Shakespeare’s birthday!) Register online or call 604-987-4471, ext. 8175.
- 7:30pm Wednesday January 18, 2023 in Vancouver – reading with Sarah de Leeuw at Poets Corner. Join us in person at Fairleigh Dickinson University auditorium, 842 Cambie St. in Yaletown, or come virtually – Zoom link to register: https://tinyurl.com/2p9em3sc
- Saturday December 10, 2022 at 2pm, in-person reading with Gary Geddes and Ann Eriksson at Gabriola Arts and Heritage Centre, 476-510 South Rd, Gabriola, BC V0R 1X2.
- Saturday October 29, 2022 – in-person reading with Nancy Mattson and Caroline Maldonado at St Mary’s Church, Islington, 7pm. Admission by donation; proceeds to Hospice Care Kenya.
- Saturday October 22,2022 at 4pm. In-person reading with Susan Alexander at Christ Church Cathedral,690 Burrard St, Vancouver, BC V6C 2L1.
- Saturday September 17, 2022 from 2-3:30pm – in-person reading with Heidi Greco at White Rock Public Library, 15342 Buena Vista Avenue, White Rock BC, in celebration of National Organic Week!
- June 15-18, 2022 – at ALECC conference in Saskatoon; in-person reading as part of two Poetry Walks with fellow poets Tanis MacDonald and Ariel Gordon. Our walks were at 2:30pm Thursday 16th and 11:30am Saturday 18th. Details in the conference program.
- Tuesday June 14, 2022 – 7pm in-person reading at McNally Robinson, Saskatoon SK, with Mari-Lou Rowley & Katherine Lawrence.
- Friday June 10, 2022 – in-person reading at Planet Earth Poetry as part of the celebration reading for Poets Caravan; one of nearly 30 poets scheduled to read a poem and celebrate the project.
- Sunday June 5, 2022 – 11am PST – *online* joint launch of Larder – with Mari-Lou Rowley on Zoom, courtesy of Anvil Press & Caitlin Press. The amazing Lisa Pasold will be host for our reading. Recording on Vimeo can be viewed here (gallery view only).
- Saturday May 28, 2022 – 1-3pm – one of a small grove of poets reading to celebrate the publication of Worth More Standing: Poets and Activists Pay Homage to Trees. Harbourfront Library, Nanaimo BC.
- Friday May 27, 2022 – 7:30 to 9pm – featured reader at Planet Earth Poetry at Russell Books in Victoria.
- Thursday May 12, 2022 – 7pm Fat Oyster in-person reading with Arleen Paré and Kelly Madden, in Fanny Bay BC. grateful thanks to funding provided by the Canada Council through The Writers’ Union of Canada.
- May 6, 2022 – Larder, my 7th full length poetry collection, published by Caitlin Press.
(List of previous readings here)
Readings & Appearances – future!
- November 2, 2023 – featured reader at Salt Spring Island’s Poetry Open Mic series; further details tba.
- July 2023 – teaching at MISSA, Shawnigan Lake. “Five days/five senses – an immersive poetry workshop” Exact dates and registration details to follow.
Poetry recently published in:
- Acumen; Alimentum; Antigonish Review; Channel; CuiZine; CV2; Descant; The Malahat Review; Poetrymagazine.com; Prism International; Small Farmer’s Journal; Vallum (including an audio version of The Phantom Bus)
- Deep Waters: Rivers, Lakes & Seas anthology, Outrider Press.
- The Earth’s Kitchen, a tasty chapbook of food poetry from Leaf Press
- First Sixty: the Acumen anthology, 2010, Patricia Oxley, Ed.
- Going Behind the Scenes: Education at Kettle’s Yard.
- Poems from Planet Earth: the Planet Earth Poetry anthology, from Leaf Press January 2013.
- Prism International, Food issue, 2013.
- Rocksalt: An Anthology of Contemporary BC Poetry, Mothertongue Press, 2008; Mona Fertig, Harold Rhenisch, editors.
- Sweet Water: Poems for the Watershed, Yvonne Blomer, ed., Caitlin, 2019.
- Sunday Dinners, a chewy little interactive collection designed by Calgary artist Colleen Philippi, from JackPine Press
- Untying the Apron: Daughters Remember Mothers of the 1950s, edited by Lorri Neilsen Glenn; from Guernica, 2013.
- Walk Myself Home: An Anthology to End Violence Against Women from Caitlin Press (proceeds to THS Society of Transition Houses)
- We Are One: Poems from the Pandemic, George Melnyk, ed., Bayeux, 2020.
- Worth More Standing, Christine Lowther, ed., Caitlin Press, 2022.
- Writing Menopause: An Anthology of Fiction, Poetry and Creative Non-fiction Jane Cawthorne and E.D. Morin eds. Inanna, 2017.
Recently published prose:
- A Small Farm Future. Feature, in Small Farm Canada, May-June 2021.
- On Pandemics: Deadly Diseases from Bubonic Plague to Coronavirus; review in Small Farm Canada, July 2020.
- Apples! Are They Still Keeping the Doctor Away? feature, in Alive Magazine, August 2014.
- Review of Eating on the Wild Side by Jo Robinson, in Small Farm Canada, March/April 2014.
- A Last Bite of Summer: The Flavour Gourmet Picnic. EAT Magazine (October 2012).
- A Moveable Feast: Life-Changing Food Adventures Around the World from Lonely Planet;
- Dealing with Wireworms. Feature in Small Farm Canada (Nov/Dec 2011)
- Prime Pollinators: More than honeybees in the fields; and Will Allen’s Powerful Message: Growing out of poverty. Small Farm Canada (March/April 2011).
- Larder (poetry) was published May 2022 by Caitlin Press.
- Ex-ville (poetry) was published November 2014 by Oolichan Books.
- Digging the City (nonfiction) was published October 2012 by RMB
- Cartography (poetry) was published March 2006 by Oolichan Books.